New opportunities for involvement in the UK and in France - Have a read, come on board.
For the next few weeks, whilst Utopia56 get on their feet in the Dunkirk camp, we’ll be housing our volunteers in Calais.
Most of our volunteers will be working with the L’Auberge de Migrants charity, based in the Calais warehouse and with most of our work happening in the Calais camp and Calais warehouse.
If you have building skills, you may be allocated to Dunkirk or Calais (but always via the Calais warehouse).
For those of you unable to visit France at the moment, there are plenty of things you can do to help from the UK. We’d love to have more volunteers involved. If you would like to volunteer for any of the UK opportunities please contact us as firstname.lastname@example.org stating 'Volunteer in the UK' as the subject title.
Opportunities in the UK
- Helping to ‘tour manage’ our volunteers in Calais and Dunkirk
- Coordinating the occasional donated sets from theatre companies, and getting them over to France
- Press and publicity
- Managing our database and doing mail outs
- Overseeing website content (we have two brilliant volunteer website builders) including curating a blog
- Donating your time as our accountant/book keeper
- Getting involved in organising more Comedy for Calais events
Opportunities in France
If you would like to volunteer in France please contact us at email@example.com stating 'Volunteer in France' as the subject title, if you have transport please include the word 'CAR'. We will send you a doodle poll to work out which trips we can get you on. Dates in April that we are keen to fill are Sunday 10th - Sunday 24th.
- Working in the Calais warehouse and on the Calais camp
- Aid Distribution
- Repairing homes in the Calais camp
- Building the kitchens and public areas in the Dunkirk camp
- Replacing tarpaulin extensions with timber on shelters in the Dunkirk camp, to meet with planning regs
There are really exciting management roles in Aid Distribution in the Calais camp for those who are able to commit to a week or more in France (these roles work most closely with the refugees)
We look forward to hearing from you.
In hope, solidarity and respect,
Katharine and Team Crew for Calais